Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Lingkod Ako

Click here to view the whole composition
by: Rosemarie Rancap
Marcelo Parish
_____________________________

“Pinoy ako! Pinoy Tayo!” I heard one of the elevator passengers saying it while talking to his mate.

What’s in the Pinoy Big Brother (PBB) anyway? Everywhere, a lot of people are talking about it. And I am one of them. Me and my children passed by the Pinoy Big Brother house to have a closer look at the building where Pinoy Big Brother housemates lived.

What’s fun with it? People enjoy watching video taken by spy cameras installed everywhere the buildings, including CRs. But actually, what prompted me to regularly watch this reality TV show (except of course when I have a “date with the Lord”) are the punishments and/or sacrifices that each housemate will be doing in exchange of a good deed.

“To serve others, you have to think like a servant – the way Christ Jesus thought of himself and borne the sacrifices.

Inspired with that value and the message of what Ministry is in the book Purpose Driven Life, I found myself scribbling the lyrics of a song to the tune of this Big Hit Theme Song of PBB – “Pinoy Ako, Pinoy Tayo”.

I wish and hope that we can use this song as a bonding tool for our cell groups. – Just for fun!

No comments: